Check-In: Natural History Museum
- Enter through the Constitution Avenue entrance.
- Participants may go through the expedited visitor line if one is offered.
- Staff will be waiting for you at the glass doors labeled Smithsonian Library located on the SAME level in which you entered.
- A staff person will be available to check you in up to 20 minutes after the start of class. After which point, you may follow the signs to gain entry to our classroom.
Check-In: American History Museum
- Enter at the South entrance (not for general public) on the 12th Street service road adjacent to the east side of the Museum, past the Victory Garden and playgrounds.
- Staff will meet participants at the security desk at the entrance.
- Visitors must sign in.
- We know it can be difficult finding parking, getting through traffic, or managing metro. Please give yourself some extra time so that when you find a street is closed or there is no parking nearby you can still make it on time.
- We will do our best to notify you of large events and/or street closures within the vicinity of the Museum, but it is ultimately the registrant’s responsibility to plan their route. Consider checking http://www.godcgo.com/ before you travel.
- Street parking is available, but fills up quickly. Consider utilizing apps to help you find a spot or pay for your meter the night before class. If all else fails, there are a number of garages within walking distance.
- Closest stations: Federal Triangle, Smithsonian and Navy/Archives. Please check metro’s schedule for track work and delays.
Arrive on Time
- SEEC strongly recommends arriving on time. We structure the start of our morning so children can become acquainted with the environment and educators. Children who arrive late often have a more difficult time acclimating to a new space/people and they miss out on the play we have designed to support your child’s understanding of the day’s theme.
- Come prepared, we walk outside in most weather.
- Registrants are welcome to bring a stroller, but if your child is in a carrier or able to walk you might find it easier to move through the museums.
- It is important to always be mindful of strollers, especially in smaller gallery spaces.
Caretakers and Siblings
- Tickets are good for one caretaker/child, unless it is a family ticket for Artful Afternoons or Families Together.
- Additional caretakers are welcome to wait in our conference room and join us for the museum portion of the class. We usually leave for our museum visits about 45 -50 minutes after the start of class.
- We are not able to accommodate siblings unless they are infants in carriers.
- A nut-free snack is provided for; Toddler Trailblazers, Twos Travelers, Preschool Pioneers, Families Together and Artful Afternoons.
- If your child has an allergy other than nuts, please bring your own snack.
- Food is not permitted inside the museums.
Refunds & Transfers
- Full refunds with up to two weeks’ notice.
- With one week notice, we offer transfers to another class. Transfers are subject to availability.