Full STEAM Ahead
Integrate the arts into STEM learning and engage young children in meaningful cross-curricular experiences. Through model lessons and hands-on activities, we’ll explore how art can be used to enrich STEM lessons.
February 20, 2020
The National Museum of Natural History
“I loved the way they [the facilitators] remind us how we can bring the community to our school so budget or time doesn’t stop us.”
“This was a great presentation. Ignited my curiosity of allowing more child-led exploration.”
“This was so fantastic. It was so useful, interactive, and creative. Engaging from start to finish.”
- Discuss the meaning of STEM and STEM skills within the context of an early childhood setting.
Adding the "A"
- Explore how art can be used to enhance STEM learning and skills.
STEAM Teaching Toolkit
- Explore real classrooms examples of STEAM lessons in order to build a teaching toolkit.
- Explore best practices for using technology in early childhood settings
- Participants will be given time to apply what they have learned and create their own lessons.